NERAC is sponsoring an International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) Training for ALS and BLS Providers. This 2 day course will be offered at the end of August and beginning of September. Program registration costs and materials for attendees will be paid for by NERAC. All Emergency Care Providers within the NERAC region are eligible to attend. Attendees must be employed by 911 providers in the NERAC region.
This ITLS course is a hands-on training program offering EMS providers complete training on the skills necessary for rapid assessment, resuscitation, stabilization, and transportation of a trauma patient. It consists of 8 hours of classroom instruction, 8 hours of hands-on skills training, and testing for ITLS Basic or Advanced certification. Students will go through innovative skills stations to practice the following techniques:
- – Patient assessment and management
- – Basic and advanced airway management
- – Spinal motion restriction—rapid extrication, short backboard, helmet management, log roll and long backboard/scoop stretcher utilization
- – Extremity immobilization and traction splint application
- – Needle chest decompression and fluid resuscitation (for Advanced certification)
The course is intended for all levels of EMS personnel—from EMT-Bs and first responders to advanced EMTs, paramedics, trauma nurses, and physicians.